The Director of Human Resources will implement all
human resource functions including benefits management, recruiting and
training, performance management, payroll and employee relations.This position supports the HR functions for
all Faculty, Staff and Administration.
- Communicate and educate all employees
about the current medical and ancillary benefit packages offered and any
impending changes that may take place. Act as a liaison between employee and
various insurance carriers to resolve any potential issues that may arise.Work with the COO to negotiate the
appropriate renewal plan for the benefit plans.
- Administer the 403(b) or other
retirement plans, provide the necessary communications to all employees on a
timely basis.Perform the necessary
calculations and allocations for all employee pension contributions.
- Monitor all regulations pertaining to
Benefits administration and ensure that the school remains in compliance.
- Work with the Controller to become
familiar with the payroll process and be able to serve as a back-up if needed.
Staffing & Recruitment
- Coordinate all aspects of the
fulfillment of all non-faculty position openings.
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Head
for Faculty during the recruitment and hiring process for faculty positions.
- Administer the on-boarding of all new
employees to ensure an effective and successful introduction to Blair Academy.
- Develop and manage an employee
performance review process that will work for the various departments
throughout the school.Train various
department managers in effective performance evaluation techniques.
- Provide support to the Assistant Head of
School for faculty in the evaluation process for faculty.
- Maintain records pertaining to all
performance reviews and the associated follow up.
- Work with all employees/managers to
resolve any potential employment issues relating to grievances, disputes or
complaints. Maintain documentation of all
proceedings related to the resolution of such issues.
- Maintain an up-to-date employee handbook
that is consistent with current laws and regulations governing the school.
- Maintain accurate and thorough employee
- Work with the COO in developing and
coordinating ongoing employee training and awareness sessions to keep compliant
with current regulations.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum qualifications include a
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human
Resources including benefit management, employee relations and /or recruiting.
Required for the Position
- Excellent communication skills, ability
to be discreet, positive attitude and highly professional.
- Extensive knowledge of all areas of
compliance pertaining to employees including applicable federal and state
statutes and regulations.
- Comfortable with the use of technology
including a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
The specific descriptions of job responsibilities
listed above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Please send cover letter and resume to the Business Office,
Blair Academy, PO Box 600, Blairstown, NJ 07825 or email them to
firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries,