Requirements for International Students
- Step 1: Complete the Online Inquiry
- Step 2: Complete the Application
- Step 3: Submit Standardized Test Scores
- Step 4: Schedule an Interview
- Chinese Applicants
Thank you for your interest in Blair Academy. We look forward to introducing you to the Blair experience.
The first step to learning more about Blair is to submit an admission inquiry. Inquiring online creates an account and allows prospective students to move forward in the application process. After receiving your inquiry, the admission office will send you regular communications, starting with our admission packet. You will then receive information about upcoming Blair events and happenings.
You can apply to Blair for the 2018-2019 school year in three different ways: via Blair's online application, Gateway to Prep Schools or the SAO. Click one of the icons below to submit an application.
The following are also required components of the application:
- Official school transcript: In order for us to obtain an official copy of your school transcript, you must sign the transcript request form and give it to a school administrator—principal, guidance counselor, etc. English translations are required.
Recommendation forms: After completing your application electronically, you will be prompted to forward recommendation requests to your teachers. If you prefer, you may download and print the recommendation forms by clicking one of the links below.
If you would like to submit any of these application materials electronically, please email them to email@example.com.
International candidates must take the TOEFL and SSAT tests. We do not accept faxed copies of test results.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)—Applicants must take the TOEFL, an exam administered several times a year in most countries. You can inquire at your nearby American or international school, or consulate for information regarding the TOEFL. Our school code for the TOEFL is 9415.
- SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test)—The SSAT is required of all applicants for 9th, 10th and 11th grades. Blair’s school code for the SSAT is 1720.
- Before scheduling an appointment with the admission office, the prospective student’s application, TOEFL and SSAT scores must be received by the admission office. If the prospective student has attended an English-speaking school for at least two years, please feel free to contact the admission office to see if the TOEFL score can be waived.
- Once the admission office reviews and processes the application and test scores, the applicant can then schedule a campus visit or Skype interview, either of which must take place before admission decisions are made.
To schedule an interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-462-5247.
A special note to Chinese applicants
To better facilitate the needs of our Chinese applicants, Blair has partnered with Vericant, a Chinese-based organization that assists independent schools in interviewing students from mainland China. Vericant will conduct interviews on Blair’s behalf and does not evaluate candidates, but rather sends all information to Blair’s admission office for further assessment.
The Vericant interview will be viewed and evaluated when the application, recommendations, and test scores have been received by the admission office. The file will then be marked as complete and ready for review by the admission board.
View for more information about Vericant and applying to Blair.