Blair’s diverse curriculum offers students many opportunities to travel abroad during winter long weekend, spring break and over the summer months.
Among the goals of such trips are to immerse students in foreign cultures and expose them to other languages, as well as to promote bonding among classmates as they step outside of their comfort zones and experience new things.
In past years, students have traveled to Eastern and Western Europe, Africa, Asia and the Caribbean. Over winter long weekend and spring break, a number of service-oriented trips also depart for various domestic destinations. Read more about these trips abroad, as well as ones within the continental U.S., by accessing our online news archive, which is accessible from the homepage.
Destinations during 2016-2017 include:
- A service trip to St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Tennessee
- A marine science class trip to The Cayman Islands
- A service and cultural trip to Cuba in partnership with the World Leadership School
- A service and cultural trip to Costa Rica in partnership with the World Leadership School
- A service and cultural trip to Italy and Southern Europe
- An exploration of World War II D-Day landing sites with Normandy Allies