Blair Academy’s Response to COVID-19
As the global situation around the novel coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, our administrative team has closely monitored developments worldwide, as well as in our nation and the state of New Jersey.
Out of an abundance of caution amid circumstances that remain fluid and challenging, Blair Academy implemented a policy of social distancing and remote learning, effective March 11. Head of School Chris Fortunato announced on April 1 that these policies will remain in effect indefinitely.
Rest assured that we have prepared for this eventuality and, as always, our highest priority remains protecting the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and the larger community. Blair Academy remains open, but normal operations have been adjusted as all but essential personnel have been instructed to work at home. We will continue to assess the situation as it develops and provide guidance on plans for the remainder of the school year.
Please watch this video of Mr. Fortunato's latest Parent Town Hall and refer to these FAQs to learn about how Blair is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When will Blair resume on-campus operations and in-person classes?
- Why did Blair implement distance learning for spring 2020?
- How has distance learning taken place?
- Where can I learn more about the details of Blair’s distance learning program?
- What did the weekly distance learning schedule for spring 2020 look like?
- How was discipline enforced?
- Whom do I contact if I have questions about distance learning?
- Will Blair issue tuition refunds or credits due to disruption to normal operations?
Postponed, Canceled & Virtual Events
- What spring campus events and activities were postponed or canceled and which ones took place virtually?
- Will we still have an in-person commencement?
- Will Blair host Alumni Weekend in June?
- Will there be a prom?
- What about testing and exams (including the AP, SAT and ACT)?
- How do I apply for leadership and service positions for next year (e.g., class council, committee membership, Blue and White Key, table feet)?
- How will the housing lottery work for 2020-2021?
- Students will remain off campus until further notice, but what about faculty and staff?
- Are Blair facilities open during this period of social distancing and remote learning?
- Can day students use the athletic facilities?
- Can prospective families come to campus to interview and tour during this time of distance learning and social distancing?
- Why is social distancing important?
- Is Blair planning to resume normal operations in fall 2020?
Student Belongings & Visas
- Can I come to campus to get something I did not bring with me when I left for spring break?
- When can I return to campus to pack up my room?
- What if I have Blair property that I need to return (i.e., athletic equipment, musical instruments or folders, cameras, library books, etc.)?
- Will I still be able to sell back the books bought through Follett or return rented books?
- What do I do if I have packages waiting for me at school?
- Whom should I contact if I have questions about my F-1 student visa status?
CANCELED: All spring athletic contests & extracurricular activities until campus reopens