OLD - Our Response to COVID-19
Blair Academy’s Response to COVID-19
As the global situation around the novel coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, our administrative team has closely monitored developments worldwide, as well as in our nation and the state of New Jersey.
Out of an abundance of caution amid circumstances that remain fluid and challenging, Blair Academy implemented a policy of social distancing and remote learning, effective March 11. We believe this is the responsible next step to support not only the Blair community, but also the many communities around us during this public health emergency.
Rest assured that we have prepared for this eventuality and, as always, our highest priority remains protecting the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and the larger community. Blair Academy remains open, but normal operations have been adjusted as all but essential personnel have been instructed to work at home. This plan will be in effect until at least April 17. We will continue to assess the situation throughout this time and provide guidance on plans for the remainder of the school year well in advance of April 17.
Please refer to the FAQs below about social distancing and remote learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is social distancing?
- Students will remain off campus until April 17, but what about faculty and staff?
- Are Blair facilities open during this period of social distancing and remote learning?
- Can prospective families come to campus to interview and tour during this time of distance learning and social distancing?
- Can I come to campus to get something I did not bring with me when I left for spring break?
- How is distance learning taking place?
- Where can I learn more about the details of Blair's distance learning program?
- What will the weekly distance learning schedule look like?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about distance learning?
- Are Blair’s counselors available to community members during this period of distance learning?
- Are Blair’s college counselors available to students and parents during this period of distance learning?
- When will Blair provide updates about when students can return to campus and in-person classes will resume?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about returning to campus, once Blair determines it is safe to do so?
- Will late-spring events, including Commencement and Alumni Weekend, take place?
Mar 6 to Apr 17
CANCELED: All spring athletic contests & extracurricular activities until campus reopens
The Greenwich Lane, New York, NY
Chiang-Elghanayan Center for Innovation and Collaboration
Carnegie Hall 881 7th Ave, New York, NY