Blair Academy, in the treatment of employees and applicants for employment, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination.
Founded in 1848, Blair Academy is a dynamic, coeducational boarding school in northwest New Jersey where 460 students pursue a superior college preparatory education amid a caring, vibrant community. Strong faculty-student relationships lead to exceptional learning and empower students to become persons of great accomplishment and character.
How to Apply: Faculty Positions
Unless otherwise specified in the job listing, a résumé, letter of interest, two to three letters of recommendation, and a current transcript (which may be unofficial) should be forwarded to Lorry Perry by mail at P.O. Box 600, Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ 07825-0600 or, by email at email@example.com.
Blair Academy announces an opening for a Winter Study Teaching Intern. We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, collegial and mature college junior, senior or graduate who wishes to spend 3 weeks (January 3-25) with a diverse group of high school students and adults in a dynamic and collaborative academic setting; this time can be shortened or lengthened for the successful candidate. The intern will be housed in the guest room of a Blair faculty member, and all meals will be provided.
Blair Academy is a co-educational, grade 9-postgraduate boarding school situated on 460 hilltop acres just minutes from the Delaware Water Gap and approximately one hour west of New York City. The school is 80 percent boarding, possesses exceptional facilities and faculty housing, and is committed to the continuing education of the faculty. Learn more about our campus and programs at the School’s website www.blair.edu.
The strongest applicants will have the following qualifications:
- Strong academic performance in a discipline that is currently part of Blair’s curriculum
- Previous experience in residential life and/or student instruction (e.g., camp counselor, summer school instructor, tutor)
- High-level experience in a sport or extracurricular activity that we currently offer at Blair
- Demonstrated leadership experience (e.g., team captain, club officer, or resident advisor)
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Shadowing a Blair faculty member in preparing, teaching, and assessing student work in the subject(s) most closely related to the intern’s major
- Assisting with residential life responsibilities in one or more dormitories
- Participating in Blair’s afternoon program by helping to coach a team or direct an afternoon activity
- Engaging with students through participation in scheduled weekend activities
- Attending a selected range of faculty meetings
How to Apply:
First, send a résumé expressing your interest to Lorry Perry, Dean of Faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow up with an e-mail including a letter of interest, transcripts (which may be unofficial) and 2-3 letters of recommendation.
Please contact Lorry with questions or for further information regarding the school.
Blair Academy seeks and supports faculty members who enliven and strengthen our community through their contributions to our classrooms, extracurricular activities and their desire to bring people together in a welcoming, inclusive community. We are committed to hiring people from a diversity of backgrounds. We do not discriminate against any applicants, as we ensure equal employment opportunities for all.
How to Apply: Staff Positions
Inquiries about non-teaching positions should be directed to the email address listed in the individual position descriptions.