Blair Academy, in the treatment of employees and applicants for employment, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination.
Founded in 1848, Blair Academy is a dynamic, coeducational boarding school in northwest New Jersey where 460 students pursue a superior college preparatory education amid a caring, vibrant community. Strong faculty-student relationships lead to exceptional learning and empower students to become persons of great accomplishment and character.
How to Apply: Faculty Positions
Unless otherwise specified in the job listing, a résumé, letter of interest, two to three letters of recommendation, and a current transcript (which may be unofficial) should be forwarded to Lorry Perry by mail at P.O. Box 600, Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ 07825-0600 or, by email at email@example.com.
The Assistant Varsity Baseball Coach at Blair Academy will be responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the baseball program in terms of developing practice plans, implementing drills and techniques in order to better the team, and motivate the students to be hard-working athletes while emphasizing good attitude, sportsmanship, and character. Other responsibilities include attending all practices, games, and special team events throughout the 2019 spring season. Candidates must enjoy working with adolescents and possess an exceptional work ethic, strong communication skills, a commitment to collegiality and a sense of humor. Previous coaching experience and / or playing at the college level is preferred. If interested, please send a letter of interest and resume to Paul Clavel, Director of Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blair Academy seeks an experienced English teacher for employment beginning in the 2018-2019 school year. Candidates must enjoy working with adolescents and possess an exceptional work ethic, strong communication skills, a commitment to collegiality and a sense of humor. A passion for project/problem based learning and interdisciplinary approaches are two further qualifications for ideal candidates. Strong preference will be given to candidates with an advanced, subject-area (English) degree and five years of teaching experience. Candidates must be able to teach all levels, freshmen through Advanced Placement. The position includes dormitory duty, extra-curricular activities, and coaching.
How to Apply: Staff Positions
Inquiries about non-teaching positions should be directed to the email address listed in the individual position descriptions.
Blair Academy’s Communications Office has an opening for a full-time Communications Specialist. This 12-month position manages administrative, editorial and technical projects in the areas of publication/print production, graphic design, website maintenance and multimedia asset management, as well as additional tasks and projects. The successful candidate will be highly organized and collaborative with strong writing and computer skills and an ability to quickly and independently learn how to use complex software and HTML shortcuts.
Duties & ResponsibilitiesThe following list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions.
- Research and write for Blair Academy’s alumni magazine and website.
- Oversee the School’s print project production, acting as point of contact between Blair and designers, printers and mailing houses.
- Execute simple design projects, including ads, programs and email graphics.
- Manage daily upkeep of Blair’s website; train and assist staff members in web management; troubleshoot technical issues with vendor.
- Photograph and film campus events during day and evening; process and manage Blair’s photo and video archives, including processing and publishing 200+ videos/year as part of the School’s Leadership Stories Project.
- Manage the School’s official social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Share press releases with local newspapers.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to edit.
- Experience in public relations, publication production and social media outreach.
- Experience in photography/video and website management.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Education (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms).
- Knowledge of Finalcut, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat and Premiere Pro, and HTML coding strongly preferred.
Founded in 1848, Blair Academy is a dynamic, coeducational boarding school in northwest New Jersey where 450 students pursue a superior college preparatory education amid a rich community life. Strong faculty-student relationships lead to exceptional learning and empower students to become persons of great accomplishment and character.
How to apply
Resume, cover letter and salary requirement should be forwarded to Human Resources, Blair Academy, PO Box 600, Blairstown, N.J. 07825-0600 or, by email to HR@blair.edu. No phone inquiries, please. E.O.E.