Moving Toward a New Vision of Advanced Curriculum
We believe that the best educational experiences for our students are designed by the Blair faculty who work with them every day. We want students to demonstrate their ability to handle advanced coursework in a greater variety of disciplines. Furthermore, Blair students benefit most when they have more tangible evidence of their learning to understand how what they’ve learned will transfer to their future pursuits. That’s why Blair has redesigned its advanced curriculum offerings to more closely align with the School’s vision for its graduates.
This redesign of our program has allowed us to build a more comprehensive, engaging and distinguished program in place of AP courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does Blair’s advanced curriculum differ from APs?
- What does an advanced curriculum look like in terms of course offerings?
- Are other schools moving in this direction?
- How will college outcomes be affected by this transition?
- How will we communicate this change to colleges and prospective families?
- What made now the right time to make this transition?
- How will Blair note our curricular sequence and most rigorous offerings to prospective families and colleges?
- How will Blair maintain rigor and quality?
- What is the transition timeline?
Sample of Courses