With more than 20,000 volumes, 26 curricular and bibliographic databases, comfortable seating and lots of natural light, Timken Library is a wonderful space where students can study, read and conduct research.
The library subscribes to a wide selection of excellent accredited databases and hosts an intranet site where students can access the latest news from various national and international media. The library’s online offerings also include NoodleTools, an electronic resource for generating a correct bibliography and organizing all aspects of research in one place.
A key objective at Timken Library is to expose students to the resources they will find at the collegiate level, and an expert staff of librarians is available to assist students at all hours of the day.
Timken Library was remodeled and rededicated in 1998 when Blair built the Armstrong-Hipkins Center for the Arts. Prior to that time, Timken Library was known as Memorial Hall, and students and faculty regularly attended chapels and school meetings in this venue.
Blair has 26 databases covering its curricular needs and a bibliographic engine called NoodleTools that supports research and project organization.
Blair students have access to the following databases:
- ABC-CLIO History Resource Center
- Accessible Archives
- American Periodicals Online
- America's Historical Newspapers
- Biography Collection Complete
- Bloom's Literary Reference Online
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)
- Custom Newspapers
- EBSCO History Reference Center
- EBSCO Science Reference Center
- Facts on File History Suite
- Gale Literature Resource Center
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Gale Science in Context
- Grolier Passport
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context
- Oxford Art Online
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
- ProQuest Platinum
- Salem Press Series (Milestone Documents in U.S. and World History, Decades, Great Lives and Great Events)
- Times (London) Digital Archive
- World Book Online
- World Geography & Culture
The library staff is always available to assist you. Please ask anyone on duty to help you if you cannot find what you need.
Main Desk: (908) 362-6121, ext. 5769; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ann Williams, library director: email@example.com
Olga Brazaitis, library assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Newcomb, library assistant: email@example.com
Kate Skeffington, library assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org