My daughter chose Blair because it felt like home. Faculty and staff get to know students, care about their well-being and challenge them appropriately to reach their full potential. Although Blair certainly competes with select high schools across the country in graduating seniors who enroll at elite colleges and universities, students don't compete with each other. With a culture that is uniquely positive, supportive and encouraging, Blair has become my daughter's home-away-from home.
Pam Kirby P'20, Arizona
- Step 1: Admission Inquiry
- Step 2: Campus Tour & Interview
- Step 3: Application
- Step 4: Recommendations
- Step 5: Transcripts
- Step 6: Test Scores
- International Applicants
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Important Dates
The first step in the application process is to submit Blair's online inquiry. Submitting this inquiry allows prospective students to move forward in the application process.
The best way to learn about Blair is to visit campus, interview with our admission counselors, and tour our grounds and facilities. To schedule a tour and interview, please call the admission office at (908) 362-6121, ext. 5611.
Tour & interview schedule:
|Mondays||9:30 a.m.||10:15 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|Tuesdays||8:30 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||10:15 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|Wednesdays||9:30 a.m.||10:15 a.m.||12:30 p.m.|
|Thursdays||8:30 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||10:15 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|Fridays||8:30 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||10:15 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
|Saturdays||8:30 a.m.||9:30 a.m.||10:15 a.m.|
- Campus visits begin on September 11, 2018. We do not offer tours and interviews on November 3, November 19 to 26 and December 15 to January 5, 2019.
- A visit that includes a tour and an interview will take approximately two hours.
- If traveling to campus is not an option, we can schedule an interview through Skype.
- International students must submit a completed application before an interview can be scheduled.
Blair requires applicants to submit a recommendation from their current English teacher and current math teacher. Special interest/talent recommendations are optional. Applicants using Blair's online application can forward these requests electronically to the teacher.
Recommendations can also be downloaded and printed using the links below. Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Blair Academy’s admission office at P.O. Box 600, 2 Park Street, Blairstown, NJ 07825. Blair must receive all forms by January 15.
Applicants using Blair's online application can print out the transcript request form and submit it to the school guidance office. Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Blair Academy's admission office at P.O. Box 600, Blairstown, NJ 07825. Blair must receive all forms by January 15.
Depending on the grade for which you are applying, Blair requires official transcripts for specific grades directly from your school(s). Please note that transcripts should include first quarter or trimester grades of the current school year.
|Grade applying for:||Required transcripts|
|9||Grades 7 & 8|
|10||Grades 8 & 9|
|11||Grades 9 & 10|
|Postgraduate||Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12|
All candidates for admission must register for and take appropriate required standardized tests. Blair’s school code for the SSAT is 1720. Please be sure to request, at the time the test is taken, that the test results be sent directly to Blair. All testing should be completed by the January 15 deadline.
|Grade applying for:||Required testing (submit one)*|
|9||SSAT or ISEE|
|10||SSAT or ISEE|
|11||SSAT or SAT or PSAT or ACT|
|Post Graduate||SAT or ACT|
Please note: Applicants for whom English is not their first language are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in addition to one of the appropriate above-mentioned tests. Blair's school code for the TOEFL is 9415. Please visit the international application information section of our website for more details about submitting an application as an international student. If the applicant attends an international school or a junior boarding school in the United States, the TOEFL may be waived.
For more information about registering for these tests, visit the websites below.
- Schedule your tour and interview at Blair.
- Register for and take your standardized test.
- Complete the application.
- Request a transcript from your current school.
- Obtain teacher recommendations from your current English and mathematics teachers.
January 15: Deadline for applications
- Our deadline for applications is January 15, 2018; please have all of your materials to us by this date. Late applications will not be reviewed until after all other decisions have been made on completed applications submitted by the due date.
March 10: Notification of admission decisions
- Admission decisions are emailed on March 10 to applicants who have completed all required steps of the application process.
April 10: Candidate reply due
- New student enrollment contracts and deposits are due to the business office by April 10.
Applications completed after the January 15 deadline will be considered on a rolling basis, depending upon available openings.
Please note that the Admission Committee cannot guarantee full consideration to late applicants.
Blair Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, creed, race, color, sexual orientation or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its education policies, admission, scholarships, loans or other school-administered programs. Each Blair student is afforded the rights, privileges and social, academic and athletic opportunities that are generally accorded or made available to students of the School.