- Step 1: Fill Out an Inquiry Form
- Step 2: Complete Application
- Step 3: Take Standardized Tests
- Step 4: Schedule an Interview
Thank you for your interest in Blair Academy. We look forward to introducing you to the Blair experience.
The first step to learning more about Blair is to submit an admission inquiry. Inquiring online creates an account and allows prospective students to move forward in the application process. After receiving your inquiry, the admission office will send you regular communications, starting with our admission packet. You will then receive information about upcoming Blair events and happenings.
You can apply to Blair for the 2018-2019 school year in three different ways: via Blair's online application, Gateway to Prep Schools or the SAO. Click one of the icons below to submit an application.
The following are also required components of the application:
- Official school transcript: In order for us to obtain an official copy of your school transcript, you must sign the transcript request form and give it to a school administrator—principal, guidance counselor, etc. English translations are required.
Recommendation forms: After completing your application electronically, you will be prompted to forward recommendation requests to your teachers. If you prefer, you may download and print the recommendation forms by clicking the links below.
If you would like to submit any of these application materials electronically, please email them to email@example.com.
International candidates must take the TOEFL and SSAT tests. We do not accept faxed copies of test results.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)—Applicants must take the TOEFL, an exam administered several times a year in most countries. You can inquire at your nearby American or international school, or consulate for information regarding the TOEFL. Our school code for the TOEFL test is 9415.
- SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test)—The SSAT is required of all applicants for 9th, 10th and 11th grades. Blair’s school code for the SSAT is 1720.
Any applicant who attends school in mainland China must either interview through Vericant or visit Blair for an on-campus interview. The admission committee does not have a preference for either type of interview. As a result of this partnership with Vericant, there is no need for applicants to request a Skype interview.
Please contact Vericant to schedule your interview for Blair Academy. Blair’s international application fee does not include any additional fees associated with Vericant.
Please remember to submit the online inquiry and the application in addition to the Vericant interview.
Please note that we cannot guarantee an on-campus interview after our application deadline of January 15.
Scheduling an on-campus interview
- Before scheduling an appointment with the admission office, the prospective student’s application, TOEFL and SSAT scores must be received by the admission office.
- Once the admission office reviews and processes the application and test scores, the applicant can then schedule a campus visit (which must take place before the January 15 deadline).
To schedule an interview, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-462-5247.
- When are interview deadlines?
- If I plan to do an on-campus interview, do I have to submit a Vericant interview?
- If I attend school in the United States, do I have to interview through Vericant?
- After interviewing with Vericant or Blair's admission staff on campus, when will a decision be made?
- What other materials are required in order for my application to be considered complete?
All admission materials are due to Blair Academy's office of admission by January 15. All applications received after that date will be reviewed on a rolling basis.